The schedule for completion of the SerialExpress standard is
- April 1997 (done). Conditional approval for sending to Sponsor
- May 1997. Final working group voting.
- June 1997. IEEE Sponsor Ballot starts.
- Late 1998. Prototype products expected.
- 1999. Volume shipments begin.
To achieve this objective, we have frequent
working group and
task group meetings.
Working Group meetings
The SerialExpress working group meets once every 2-3 months, for
the purpose of reviewing and ratifying significant draft
documentation changes. All participants are encouraged to attend and
The next working group meeting is planned for after-the-summer (to
avoid vacation conflicts):
The last working group meeting was held on:
Review the currently available draft--the final working
group review will occur at this next meeting.
Task Group meetings
The SerialExpress task group meets once every 2-3 weeks, for the
purpose of reviewing and ratifying significant draft documentation
changes. Active participants, particularly those with detailed
concerns or proposals, are encouraged to attend.
Details for the next task group meeting are listed below:
- 9:00-12:00 AM, USA Pacific Standard Time
- Thursday June 5, 1997.
- Location: SUN Microcomputer
Building MPK14, Salt Grass Conference Room #1421, extension
Check at front desk for possible room change.
- Remote telephone callin conferencing, call and mention Tom
Weber or SerialExpress
Directions to SUN Microsystems, Menlo
Directions to Sun Microsystems Menlo Park Campus:
- From East Bay: Take Dumbarton bridge (state road 84) West over
the bridge to Willow Road (second light). Turn right at Willow
Road into the Sun campus. Follow the circular road around to
- From US101 north, take the Marsh Road exit East toward the
Dumbarton bridge. At the Willow Road light, turn left into the Sun
campus. Follow the circular road to MPK14.
- From US101 south, take the Willow Road exit East toward the
Dumbarton bridge. Stay in the left hand lane and go straight at
last light into the Sun campus. Follow the circular road to MPK14.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this
Last modified: May 4, 1997